We believe everyone belongs, and all have the right to choose which setting to participate in recreational activities.
Our inclusion services allow individuals to experience recreational programming within their community.
FVSRA has a dedicated team to help coordinate modifications for individuals with disabilities who register for recreational programs offered through our seven Member Agencies.
We strive to foster independence and active participation in the least restrictive environment. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), modifications can vary from program to program and are determined following an assessment.
Modifications can include one or more of the following:
- Activity Modification
- Adaptive Equipment
- Additional Staff Support
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Staff Training
- Support Plans for Behavior, Diabetes, or Seizure Disorders
Requesting Inclusion Services
Inclusion services can be requested at your park district or recreation department at the time of registration. You may indicate this request on your registration form, verbally if registering in person or online, by sending correspondence to the email address provided. Once registration is complete, the Member Agency will forward the request for support directly to our Inclusion Team. Please note: you must request inclusion services each time you register for a program.
FVSRA Member Agencies
Timeline for Services
We aim to complete an intake assessment within one week of receiving the request for inclusion services. Once completed, the average time to determine and coordinate modifications is two weeks.
Office Phone: Ext. 1221
Office Phone: Ext. 1206
Office Phone: Ext. 1223
Office Phone: Ext. 1222
Office Phone: Ext. 1210
Inclusion Administrative Assistant
Mobile: (630) 607-9253
- “Thank you for all the support you have offered George and me this school year. You have truly been so wonderful to work with. Everything from the initial conversations to the documents you created to the staff you provided were so thoughtful and so helpful.” – Lindsey, Parent
- “We are very happy to hear that Sawyer is ultimately adjusting well. Thank you for dedicating the time to make sure our son has everything he would need to be successful!” – Jess, Parent
- “This was, hands down, one of my favorite summer jobs. The kids, the parents, the Park District staff, and the FVSRA staff were all amazing. I’m really looking forward to next summer.” – Emil, Staff