At Fox Valley Special Recreation Foundation, we firmly believe in the potential of individuals like you to make a meaningful impact on the field of Therapeutic Recreation. Your work matters, and we are committed to supporting your journey toward becoming a future leader in the field. Below you will find information about the scholarship fund, eligibility requirements, how to apply, and when awards will be announced.
The Fox Valley Special Recreation Foundation (FVSRF) will award scholarships to students in FVSRA’s service area pursuing a degree in Therapeutic Recreation. The Therapeutic Recreation Scholarship is intended for the upcoming semester of the recipient’s undergraduate or graduate year. The amount of each scholarship and how many scholarships are awarded is determined by the members of the Board of Directors.
To be eligible, the applicant must have applied for admission into a university as a full-time undergraduate student, or as a graduate student seeking a Master’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation. The student need not have been accepted into a university prior to submitting this scholarship application, but the payment of the scholarship monies is contingent upon acceptance and enrollment in an accredited university for the following semester.
Applications and supporting material must be submitted on or before February 1, 2024. Anything after this date will not be accepted. Scholarship recipients will be notified in March and funds will be distributed through the Fox Valley Special Recreation Foundation.
You may apply the following ways:
- Complete the online application below
- Email the completed application form and required documents to email@example.com
- Drop off or Mail the completed application form and required documents to FVSRF, 2121 West Indian Trail Road, Aurora, IL 60506. Mailed applications must be postmarked by February 1, 2024.
For this application to be complete, it must contain the following.
- Completed FVSRF Scholarship application
- Latest transcripts reflecting a full year of study
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of acceptance from the university and proof of Therapeutic Recreation as a declared major (required before money is dispersed)
- Academic, extracurricular, and community activities
- Positions of responsibility and leadership
- Honors and awards
- Work or volunteer experience
- Personal Statement (The following are prompts that you may use in your personal statement. Limit your response to 600 words.)
- Convey your passion for Therapeutic Recreation and what motivates you to pursue a career in this field.
- Share any relevant experiences, such as internships, volunteering, coursework, or personal relationships that have shaped your understanding of recreational therapy.
- What are your career goals and how do you envision making a positive impact in the field?
Please note that we reserve the option to interview applicants if more information is desired.